Monday, June 21, 2010

Three years later...

Well 3 years ago today I woke up at home for the first time with my baby girl at my side. Today however I woke up with her foot in my side!

What a weekend! Rylin's birthday was Friday and she was so much fun this year! From the minute she woke up she was in birthday mode! Unfortunately that was starting at 6:30am!


After opening a present we got ready and took her to McDonald's. I had to take my Grandma to the doctor afterward so she got to ride with Daddy in his big red truck. I had to go but Daddy let her stay and play at McDonald's for a while.


By the time I got home he had her in bed for a nap. We had to make sure she was well rested for her first ever theater experience! We took her to see Toy Story 3 at IMAX in 3D. She picked out twizzlers for her movie snack. I failed at convincing her of a tastier candy but I guess it was her birthday after all! :) She did great during the movie other than not keeping her glasses on. They didn't fit her well and she had no problem watching the blurry version without the 3d glasses. We treated her to a birthday cookie with sprinkles after it was over it only took her about 5 minutes to decide on one that wasn't over $10! On the way out to the car she announced proudly that she would take care of her toys. After getting her buckled into the car she didn't last 5 minutes before she fell asleep! She had a long busy day.

The next day we had her party. After a morning of cleaning and preparing her friends started arriving at 4pm. They were so cute! 4 little girls having a pre party tea party in her playroom was priceless! When everyone got here we did cake and sang Happy Birthday. She got shy and but her head down and wouldn't blow out her candles. We were afraid the candles would blow themselves out if she didn't hurry. Finally she peeked out of her hands long enough to blow the candles out. We jumped right into presents after cake and she handled that like a pro! One present after another she asked for the next! I don't even think she realized what her presents were until after they were all opened. Like a delayed reaction 6 presents later she started wanting to open her new roller skates! After she finished opening presents we let the kids go out to play on her "playground". We had slides and a sandbox in addition to her swing set. There ended up being about 12 toddlers in the end. It was fun and despite a few bullies on the playground I think everyone survived. We finished the night off by staying up late playing with ALL of her new toys.

Sunday was Fathers Day so we went to church and took Rylin to her first day in the 3 year old class. This was more emotional to me somehow than taking her to the nursery. Just walking in and seeing her go sit down at the little table with kids her age making a craft just made her seem so old. After church we hung out with friends at the churches annual Dadfest. We ate and her and her buddy Abrielle got their faces painted and made little foam visors. After Dadfest fun we had a cookout with Chris's family and finished the night off with a cookout with my family.

Like I said what a weekend! Welcome to my blog! :) This is how most of our weekends are... "simple"!

No comments:

Post a Comment