Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Projects on my mind!




Why is it that someone else can come into a home and transform it into something you never dreamed possible on all these tv shows, but when your actually living in your home you can have no creative direction whatsoever! I am a very visual person and I guess that is what makes things difficult for me. We haven't done anything really in the last 2 years we have lived here other than replace some carpet and fix a broken shower. I am really good at fixing obvious problems that I can see need work but I lack the ability to see beyond broken things. I would love a stainless steel appliances but I can't foresee replacing them when our mismatched ones already work so well. I would love to paint the kitchen but the previous owners worked so hard to paint the design that's already there. We have a friend who distressed her kitchen cabinets and they look fantastic, but I hate to commit without seeing the finished project. See my dilemma? I also struggle with wanting to do too much at once which tends to burn us out on future projects! Then there is the guilt of spending money that could be saved instead. I hate that I over analyze every decision and even when I do decide to do something I am too indecisive to decide on how to do it! Grr any personal designers out there who would like to come into my home and have your way with it? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment